Monday, July 16, 2012

Settling in with the New Scale and Pedometer

I have to admit I was a bit frustrated when I stepped on the FitBit Aria scale on Saturday morning. I feel like I struggle for every pound I lose so seeing the numbers higher than the old scale was tough. But I've decided that knowing what an accurate weight is would be better than thinking I weighed less.  Maybe now when I go to the doc, their scales will be a closer match to mine.

So my Monday morning weight count, first blogged weight from the new scale is 204.1.

I am happy with the FitBit Ultra. I don't find the stair counting feature to be useful but the steps taken and the distance walked is good. And since I can either clip it on my bra or on the waistband it is easy to see progress through the day.  Tonight I waled 1.24 miles. I thought I was making good time but it took 22 minutes so I think I really need to improve and walk faster. I sure wish my feet did not hurt so bad.  Maybe as the weight comes off, they will hurt less.  My total steps today exceeded 10,000 again. I hope to be able to keep this as a goal.

After the walk, I swan for 45 minutes. I wasn't as paranoid about the deep end but I think I get more exercise when I am in the shallow end concentrating on the movement I am doing. In the deep end, I concentrate on how fast I can get out of there, no matter how I do it.

I was a little low on calorie intake today in spite of eating a bag of baked potato chips (the 1 oz size) so I had a bowl of cheerios with some fiber one tonight. I hope the scales show positive results tomorrow.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:
2 Bananas
1 sandwich thin

Lunch:
Spinach salad with egg, beets, broccoli, carrots and a splash of vinegar

Snack
Baked chips

Dinner
Small amount of baked chicken breast, no skin
1 cup mixed vegetables

Snack
1 Cup cheerios, 1/2 cup Fiber one and 1/2 cup 2% milk

Tired tonight so getting in bed before 11 pm...a rare occassion!

//k//

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for copping up to the new weight on the new scale. I was so tempted to fib when I got my new, more accurate scale! I concluded the same as you: maybe the doctor will have the same weight as I have now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I will probably see what the doc scales say tomorrow. I have been battling what I thought was an allergic confuntivitis but it doesnt seem to be clearning. Since eye issues can go hand in hand with psoriatic arthritis I figure I had better be seen again and ask the specific question about the possible connection.

      I have been trying to go page by page through the early days of your blog to see the things you were doing. It is nice that you went back and added advice based on what you learned later. My weight is coming off slower than I would like but slow is better than not at all!

      Delete