Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day

As a child, July 4th meant family reunion time for my Grandmother's family. It was always fun to see cousins we only saw once a year, eat brunswick stew, and play for hours. I had hoped to be at the reunion this year but was afraid to fly not knowing the amount of fluid left in my lungs. So I didn't go and figured this would just be another hang out day off.


This morning I felt a bit better after taking a pain pill last night. I really don't like feeling medicated but I could not handle the rib cage pain any longer. Reminds me of when I had costochondritis and I sure hope that is not what this is. Of course since I have never had shingles before, I don't know if it is worse than the costo or not. I am just hoping it is neither and soon the pain will be gone.


Just as I got dressed for an afternoon walk, we got hit by a major lightning storm. Winds were pretty high this time but thankfully we didn't lose power. I am still contemplating swimming before the night is over to burn a few calories.


Rather than stick with the standard Scarsdale menu today, I opted to go a little more traditional. I made burgers from a lean beef and cooked them on the Foreman grill. I also made cauliflower salad using potato salad fixings. It is a good substitute for the starchy salad. I found no fat, low calorie mayo so it wasn't as bad calorie count as it could have been. I had more cantaloupe for breakfast, with a banana and piece of toast. For lunch, I broiled tomato slices with provolone cheese.

July 4th weight: 204.2. No change.

//k//

No comments:

Post a Comment