Monday, July 2, 2012

Second Session SMD Day 1

Today is my first day back on the Scarsdale Medical Diet (SMD) phase. If you are not familiar with Scarsdale, for two weeks I will follow a set diet plan each day. I  find the food offered is plenty to eat in spite of it being a lower number of calories than I normally consume. The plan has a standard diet, a money saving version, a gourmet plan, an international plan, and a vegetarian diet menu so there are plenty of choices available.

Breakfast is always fruit.  Because I am just finishing up on the prednisone, I can't eat grapefruit right now. So this morning I started the day with two bananas. For lunch, I walked to the dining hall to mix a little exercise into the day while grabbing a spinach salad topped with mushrooms, sliced beets, carrots, broccoli and vinaigrette. I cooked Basil Mayo Salmon for dinner and had roasted cauliflower and carrots with it.

Tonight, we took a walk. My intent was to walk the short route as my first time back on the road since the pneumonia. But when we got started, I felt pretty good so we headed out on the 2 mile stretch. When we came to the turning point, we decided to just go ahead and walk to the main road before turning around.  My feet are regretting it now but we walked three miles. Next time I need to wear difference shoes, but all in all, other than the aching burning feet, I feel really good.

//k//

No comments:

Post a Comment