Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Low Carb, Low Sugar, Low Fat, High Cardio

So far my analysis of what works best for me loss wise are the things in title. I've know for years I felt better when eating low carb. Now that I have cut major amounts of fat from my diet and cut out sugar almost completely, the weight is slowly disappearing. The exercise part of the title is what I think is making the most difference right now. Unfortunately, my feet are not happy with the exercise and tomorrow will probably be a down day from walking. Today I walked 2.4 miles in 40 minutes and then spent some pool time afterwards.  I passed 12,000 steps on my Fitbit ultra. My steps were up because I walked around the building before going to by desk this morning, did the same walk inside the hallways twice, and walked outside at lunch. Yes, my feet are screaming!

For food today I had toast and cottage cheese for breakfast. I had leftover meatloaf with a piece of quiche for lunch and for dinner I grilled some pork chops and had steamed vegetables and sliced tomatoes.  I had a slice of cheese for a snack.

I was very happy to see another loss on the scale this morning. Today's weight was 201.3, an 8/10 pound loss from yesterday.

I'm beat, bedtime for this tired girl!

//k//

2 comments:

  1. The pool counts as exercise. All you have to do is get in and move around so you never touch the bottom or the sides and don't float. Now that it is hot and you have access to a pool, this is perfect for until your weight comes down enough that your feet and ankles no longer hurt. For me, that was at about 180 pounds. Your mileage may vary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I don't get enough activity going when I am in the water. I have never lost on a day after a pool day no matter how long I spent. I think the start stop of kick boarding maybe isn't the best way to do it but since I only go in the shallow water it is difficult to keep moving. I hope I can just get back to a bearable level of foot pain some time soon though. We'll see how they feel in the morning after the activity level I had today.

    ReplyDelete