Monday, July 2, 2012

Milestones - Twenty Pounds

In my mind, I have certain milestones that are big goals. The big goals of course are made up of multiple little ones so there is a sense of accomplishment more frequently. Today was a milestone achievement day.  Just a little over a year ago, our household goods were packed to leave the Philippines and move back to the U.S. It was at that point, when I weighed before packing the scale, that I hit the 225 pound mark.

This morning, as I stepped on the scale, the weight came in under the 205 mark (204.7). I have lost 20 pounds in the past year.  Now this milestone doesn't exactly match up to the 53 pound loss I am shooting for by March 23 because I had already lost some of the weight before I set the 53 pound goal. Nevertheless, it is big to me. Twenty pounds is more than I imagined I could take off.

On to the next twenty!

Yesterday was July 1st. This year is flying by. I intended to update last night, but the tired stages from the pneumonia are still with me. I probably overdid it as I definitely feel it today. Yesterday I helped cut grass and cleaned out some of the stuff from the garage which has been calling my name for months. Then I went grocery shopping so I could start back on the diet phase of Scarsdale today. Grocery shopping is always rough on my feet but it has to be done, so off I went - toddler in tow and procured what we'll eat at least for the next few days.

On the way home, I measured out a path to walk that would give me two miles. Last week I remeasured what I thought was a half mile trek and it is just over a mile. So since I have been doing that mile without to much trouble before this pneumonia bout, I wanted another plan in place for when I feel better. I am hoping to do one of the two routes later tonight when the heat settles.

Sunday's food intake included bananas for breakfast, coffee with creamer on several occasions. Cottage cheese with sugar free jello,  split pea soup, and crustless quiche.

//k//

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I need to get with it myself, but it's hard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on losing twenty pounds! Now, you know you can do it, and there are no excuses! :) (Drink more water. It will help.)

    ReplyDelete