Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fit Bit Monitor and Scale

I have been researching pedometers and heart rate monitors for a while but finally decided on the FitBit. It is a rare occasion that I buy things for myself but felt this would be useful in helping me see where my exercise (or lack of!) is failing me. I decided to by the scale too since we would be able to both use it and the one we have has been having some issues. It was more expensive than most scales I have bought before but it will also measure body fat. OUCH on that!

The monitor and scale arrived on Friday so I have spent the weekend getting used to what I can do with them and the site.  I have more time to exercise on the weekends so it will be interesting to see how much activity time I log on week days. I have been walking more during the day at work though so maybe this will be my incentive to get out of my chair every hour and move.

The scale is a bit off from the other one I was using so I will start with a new weight tomorrow and begin tracking my loss from there.

Today we had a very busy day but in addition to the other things we had to do, I was able to get in a mile walk before the rain started and then a little more than 30 minutes in the pool after the rain. I ventured into the deep end with the life jacket today and joked with my better half that I should deduct calories expended for the anxiety! It's definitely harder to move myself around in the deep end so I did get more exercise but it will be a long time and require a lot of practice before I get anywhere close to comfortable with it.

After spending a couple of hours waiting for vehicle repairs after a blow radiator hose we didn't have time to roast the chicken as we planned. Instead we cooked it in a bag. It was ok but the roasted is much better.  I had mine with a half cup of green beans. There is enough chicken left for a second meal so buying a whole one is definitely an economical choice.

Back tomorrow with an update on how the fitbit tracking for a work day went and a new scale report.

//k//


No comments:

Post a Comment