Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 4 - SMD Session 2 - Another Gain

Ok so I said I was not going to focus on the negative but it is hard not to. I know there will be days where I gain and knowing my up and down weight I know I should just expect it to happen. But no matter what I "know," it is still discouraging to get on the scale in the a.m. and see a weight gain. But that was the case on Thursday morning (I am a day late in getting this published!) The scale result? 206.4. Wow, that is a 2.2 pound increase in one day. For 2.2 pounds, I wish I had eaten something I really enjoyed a lot!

So what did I eat that caused the gain? I have no clue.  I did end the day with two Oreos but while I know I should not have, I also know they did not cause that much gain by themselves.  Maybe it was the mayo in the cauliflower salad even though it was no fat, no sugar. Who knows - but it happened and I need to take it back off.  I did end the day on the 4th in the pool. I don't swim but with a kick board I can do laps of sorts on the shallow end. I did more than I have ever done on that night, going across the pool 50 times each way. It was good exercise but I am thinking of getting a life jacket for floatation instead of the kickboard so I can include arm activity too.

So after seeing the 2 pound gain, I focused on increasing water intake on Thursday. I have a horrible time drinking water. So while others say they increased water intake and talk about 80 ounces or more, my increase took me to 32 ounces for the day. Yes, I know that is still way to low but it is 32 more than I do most days. Baby steps - that is what I have to do.

What I ate today:

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Toast and salad
Dinner - Roasted chicken, spinach, and tomatoes

//k//

No comments:

Post a Comment