Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Evening Coffee, Increased Water, and Weight Loss

It would sure be nice if I could equate an evening cup of coffee with weight loss but I don't see that ever happening so today's title is about the three parts of today's post.  A few days back, I wrote that I would not give up the cream in my coffee but I thought about it and the days I was drinking black coffee were the days I lost. That is not the only thing that could have prompted a loss those days but it is one factor. So I made a new decision. I drink my day time coffee at work black with a bit of splenda. I don't drink as much as I used to and I try to drink more water instead. When I come home, I enjoy one cup of coffee with a small amount of powdered creamer. It has 10 calories per tsp and I'm willing to take the chance on that small amount for the relaxation I get just by sitting down to drink it. I might reassess again but for this moment, this is my coffee plan. I talked to someone today who mentioned that if she gave up her nightly wine or sangria, she might lose more. I don't drink wines or beers etc so coffee is my vice!

On to the water...I have been noticing that I do tend to at least lose something (even if it is only a half pound) on the day after I have consumed more fluids.  Most days when I hit the 64 ounce mark, I am losing something. With the coffee at work, I am not allowing myself to refill it until I finish the waterbottle beside it. I don't always make it to the 64 ounce mark. Today I have only managed a bit more than 40 ounces and I don't think that will change much before I call it a day. We'll see if the lower amount of fluids has an impact on the scale tomorrow a.m.

And now for the last title subject. I saved the best for last. This morning the scales made me happy. I am 202.1 as of this morning which is a 1.5 pound loss since yesterday. Today I had basically the same meals as yesterday and I walked for 2.2 miles this evening in 30 minutes. I've increased my distances and my speed both but boy are my feet screaming at me.

Today I ate:
1 cup raw cauliflower
2 slices light bread (45 calorie each)
Cranberry Walnut salad
2 broiled hamburger patties (93% lean)
3 slices tomatoes
1 cup steamed broccoli

I will probably have a boiled egg before I go to bed if I am hungry at all.  Eating a small amount like this helps me to not wait up munchy during the night. Hope the scales are happy with my exercise today and show me nice results again tomorrow!

//k//


No comments:

Post a Comment