Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just Can't Predict Weight Loss

Some things just continue to mystify me. My ability to gain and lose weight is definitely one of them. Yesterday was a lousy day. I went back to the doc to have my eyes checked again. She agreed it seemed the previous treatment was not giving me any relief and also agreed it seemed more like allergies. So I got new eye drops and a referral to an ophthalmologist just to be sure this is not the psoriatic arthritis flaring up in my eyes instead of my feet where it usually rears its ugly head.

I needed to go get the paperwork for turning water on in the house where we'll spend the school year and do some other stuff so I took the afternoon off so I could get those things done, get home and get the drops in. I won't do the first eye drops sitting at my desk staring at the computer screen waiting for a possible reaction.

Because my appt took nearly 3 hours and I still needed to get the prescription, my packed lunch, which was sitting in the steaming car, was not consumable. On my way to the water company, I stopped by McDonald's and grabbed lunch. I ordered a grilled chicken club sandwich. Some day I will learn to say "Hold the Mayo!" but yesterday was not the day. I took off most of the offending sauce by removing the lettuce but there was still some left to be consumed. I have only had fast food once in the past couple months so you would think I would have enjoyed it. Quite the opposite was true. The sandwich was just so salty I could hardly finish it.

When I logged my food last night and added that chicken sandwich, I was shocked to see that it was more than 500 calories and almost 1500 mg of sodium. WOW. I could have eaten a double cheeseburger for fewer calories and less sodium. Granted the cheeseburger is higher in fat but since neither is a good choice, it would have been less expensive and I would have enjoyed it more. There wont be any more McDs stops any time soon.

I fully expected to see a weight gain of a pound or more this morning but in spite of the McD intake, more than a cup of cheerios late last night, and not getting a walk in, I weighed  3/10 of a pound less than the previous two days. Like the title says, I just can't predict weight loss.

Today I remembered my FitBit Ultra so I was able to see how my activity level rated for the day. I was able to walk 1.2 miles tonight but it got to dark for a swim before I was done so I had to leave that off today. I managed to cross the 10,000 step mark again today. For breakfast I had a banana, for lunch I had steamed zucchini, green beans and a slice of pizza topped with veggies. Dinner...I don't think I actually ate dinner and that is not good. I had a headache when I got home and that normally curbs my appetite more than anything. It is really to late to eat but maybe I will have some cottage cheese or something lite like that.  If I were reviewing this day, I would say there is a good chance the scale could show positive results in the a.m. But with the way my body responds, the more likely scenario is that I will be a pound or two heavier!  Let's hope not.

//k//

No comments:

Post a Comment