Monday, September 17, 2012

When Weight Loss Progress is Discouraging

Remember my blog from yesterday? It was the one about the large number of calories burned and not so large number consumed? I was sure the scale would tilt in my favor this morning but I was wrong. I know I should be happy I did not gain but holding exactly the same was not what I expected. I've had many people tell me over time that I should not watch the scale every day. I realize that works for some people but not for me. I need to know which days I am doing what pushes my body to lose and which I am not.

Of course this morning it would have been nice to not have see that same number again. But if I followed the group who only weigh once a week I would not have seen that I loss and regained 3 pounds during the week last week. I would not have been in tune with the fact that the sodium count was what knocked me off the loss path. And because of things like this, I weigh every day.

I know any goal has set backs, I just need to stick with it and do a better job not getting derailed. So that was my focus today, forget the lack of loss and concentrate on more exercise and eating right. Let's hope tomorrow the scale reflects that I did these things.

What I ate today:

1 cup raw cauliflower
1 square homemade crustless quiche
1 spinach salad
1 hamburger patty (lean ground beef)
1 sandwich thin
1 4 oz cup yogurt, Dannon Light and Fit Diabetic Friendly

Exercise:
Total steps just short of 10,000
Once around the building on my way into the office
1/2 mile at lunch to get the salad
2 miles tonight after dinner

And with that I am hitting publish on this post and heading to bed for some much needed rest.

///k///

2 comments:

  1. You did not give up, tell me you didn't! No posts in almost two weeks looks bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't give up - just trying to get life back together. Hoping for a better month.

      Delete