Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lack of Organization Kills Healthy Lifestyle!

I have always been proud of being organized and getting things done before they were due. That sure seems to have changed since a hospital stay upset my routine. Monday I forgot the Fitbit...I can do without it but prefer knowing what it tells me. Yesterday, I rolled out of bed thinking about getting it immediately so I would not forget it. Progress right? Nope, I managed to walk out the door without my lunchbox. I could not believe it. I have worked in this office for more than a year and almost every day have taken my lunch. My son bought me a nice thermos polka-dot printed lunch box for Christmas. It goes with me every morning. Well, every morning EXCEPT yesterday I guess! So today I made a special point of getting the lunch box and forgot the Fitbit again. Tomorrow I am determined to get out the door with both.

My problem with forgetting things lately is most likely caused by change in routine. When I got out of the hospital, school had already started. My mother-in-law was transporting the kids so I fell into her routine and got used to it. Then I went back to work and needed to do everything an hour earlier.

I normally hit the floor at quick pace just to get all the things I need to do done. I try to get up by 5am but this past week I have been tired to the point of exhaustion so the snooze button has gotten a work out. I did see a doc yesterday and am waiting on blood test results to see if I am anemic or have another infection.

My daily routine includes making three lunches while the coffee brews. I normally get dressed before I even come to the kitchen and make my rounds to wake the kids up before I start the food prep. Along with coffee and lunches, I pop a ham and cheese sandwich in the foreman grill for the teen who prefers that type of breakfast. By the time lunches are made and coffee is in the cup, the baby is normally awake. On a good day, he sleeps until I am done so I can grab him from the crib, change and dress him and sit him in the high chair to snack on dry cereal while I consume the coffee in a few swallows before we head out the door. I normally leave the house carrying him, my purse, my lunchbox and whatever else the kids need for school that they didn't get. 

This week my mom is visiting so in addition to the above, I am putting a load of laundry in the washer and getting it started so she can dry and fold it during the day. I also try to figure out what is for dinner so she can start part of it before I get home, and I wait to see what her blood sugar numbers are before I leave. Yesterday it seems we were all on the wrong schedule and running behind so the big kid took the baby and put him in his car seat while I waited for the sugar number. So when I headed out the door I was empty handed, no baby and no extra stuff. I didn't even notice my lunch box on the washer.

The downside of forgetting it is that my food choices without it are lousy. I grabbed an oatmeal from my desk drawer for breakfast but it was way to sweet for my tastes these days. For lunch my only real choice is Burger King as I only get 30 minutes for the meal. I had grilled chicken wraps. I didn't think anything else on the menu sounded even close to healthy.

Today I had dry cheerios for breakfast in hopes of not ruffling an upset stomach any further. I had a spinach salad for lunch and a piece of chicken breast and some cole slaw for dinner.

I walked 2 miles last night and tonight I cut grass and raked. Cutting didn't expend many calories because I was on the riding mower but it was a chore that had to be done since today, by some miracle, it did not rain!

My weight tracking for this week:

Monday: 196.7
Tuesday: 196.6
Wednesday: 195.6

I hope now that I am back to walking a bit I can continue to move down the scale. August messed up my plan but I hope to be back on a regular tracked for the rest of this month.






No comments:

Post a Comment