Friday, September 7, 2012

Trying to Get Back to Normal

It has been a month since my body decided to let me know it had been invaded by a staph infection. I am trying to get myself back to normal but it has been tough. The infection had canaled through my armpit as it grew while they decided what to do. I healed fairly quickly incision wise but getting my strength back has been a battle. I went back to work last week full days but by mid aftenoon ech day I am struggling.  I still have not managed to get back to a regular evening walk.

 I did walk to the dining hall today so that is progress but not as much as I would like.  I am still at a weight under 200 but have slowly gained almost back to that point. I hope another weekend with extra rest will get me back to a level I can walk some.

I am still battling a yeast rash from the amounts of antibiotics they ran thru me.  I have been released by the surgeon but plan to see my primary doc next week to see if she can pinpoint any cause for the extreme fatigue or confirm that I just need more time to heal.

I hope next week I can start to post updates about getting back on the weight loss path.

No comments:

Post a Comment