Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day One - There is Celery in My Fridge

If you have spent any time around my house, you know the one thing I NEVER buy is celery. Having traveling around the world, I've eaten a lot of strange foods in my life but the one food I just can't stomach is celery. Just a few weeks ago, my mother-in-law asked if we still had the bag she bought. I didn't even know it was there because she hid it the garage fridge knowing I did not even want to think about it.

Well guess what? There are two free foods that can be eaten at any time on the Scarsdale Medical Diet and celery is one of them. The other is carrots. Needless to say I will be a carrot muncher. Since Johnnie is accompanying me on my quest, I bought celery for him. I may have to move it back to the other fridge because I swear I can smell it when I open the fridge door!

 Day 1 went ok. Not great but I had other stressing issues to contend with so it is hard to say if my headache comes from the change in eating or from those issues. I started the day with a weigh in. This will be a daily thing.  

Weight on May 29: 213.5

What did I eat?

Breakfast: Half a grapefruit and a piece of whole wheat toast
Lunch - Large fruit salad - watermelon, grapes, bananas
Dinner - lean broiled hamburger and loads of tomato slices
Oh and lots of carrots!

Exercise was minimal but I did manage the stairs one time today. My goal is to get to the point where I use them each time I go upstairs just for the extra exercise. My other exercise goal is to get a kick board so I can spend some pool time in the evening.

 Looking forward to Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment