Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Backstepping One Day at a Time

Sometimes we all need a motivator. I know I do. I've been watching my weight for the last ten years...literally watching it...as it has grown and grown to where I am now. I've played around with diets and weight loss plans and always wind up back to the same eating pattern because nothing seems to work for me. I've always pushed it off to the fact that I am now over 50 and the pounds just seem to be permanent. At least that was the case until a week or so ago when I read a blog post of a fellow writer. The blog, Size 12 by St Patrick's Day!, chronicles her weight loss journey beginning in May 2011 and resulting in more than a 90 pound loss. What grabbed me about her story was she started at age 48, not in her 20s or 30s, but close to my age. So much for my excuse! The beginning point for her weight loss journey was the Scarsdale Medical Diet which focuses on nutritional eating (skip the processed stuff) and provides a variety of menu plans to use. I'll get more into the actual plans as I go along. So thank you Cherise Kelley for being the motivator that at least has me started. I've set a goal for myself, 53 pounds by my 53rd birthday (March 23). More about the number 53 later but for now my goal is to step the weight back, one.pound.at.a.time.

No comments:

Post a Comment